Nick and Toni's
Arguably the most iconic restaurant in all of the Hamptons, Nick and Toni's, on North Main St. in East Hampton, has been serving upscale Italian fare to the Hampton's Hollywood set since 1988. If the combination of Hollywood and East Hampton sounds pretentious, Nick and Toni's is surprisingly unpretentious, with its plain white wash walls adorned with American folk art and children's drawings and its casually-dressed, if preppy, clientele relaxing with a bottle of wine on the coveted al fresco patio.
The restaurant's design is intended to call to mind a Tuscan farmhouse, and the menu skews Italian with some Mediterranean influences. A large, mosaic-covered wood burning oven is used to cook excellent pizzas, whole fish and the restaurant's beloved free-range chicken. The restaurant was a forerunner of the local cuisine movement before locavorism became so wildly fetishized. It sources its wares from local fisherman and farmers, as well as from its own half-acre organic garden.
It is nearly impossible to score a primetime reservation between Memorial Day and Labor Day, but those who do will be handsomely rewarded in both spectacle and cuisine.
136 North Main Street
(631) 324-3550 Mon, 6pm-10pm; Thurs, 6pm-10pm; Fri-Sat, 6pm-11pm; Sun, 11:30am-2:30pm, 5:30pm-9pm
- Joe Realmuto, Chef
- The Hamptons
- Al Fresco
- Best Bars
RECOMMENDED DISHES See All
- Zucchini Chips
- East End Fluke Crudo - Lambrusco Vinegar, Red Sea Salt, Orange
- Fritto Misto - Rock Shrimp, Local Calamari, Baby Artichokes, Preserved Lemon Aioli
- Pappardelle - Braised Short Rib Ragu, Porcini Ricotta
- Wood Oven Roasted Whole Branzino - Roasted Satur Farm Beets, Endive & Saba
- Free Range Chicken - Crushed Yukon Gold Potatoes, Roasted Garlic, House-cured Pancetta, Rosemary Jus
- Salsiccia Pizza - House-made Berkshire Sausage, Fontina, Tomato