Nikki Beach is located directly on Saint-Jean beach, a short stroll down from the Eden Rock Hotel, with its cabanas and tables spilling out onto the sand by the all-white plush sun beds. It is a restaurant of both luxury and whimsy, classy and hedonistic: the food is surprisingly fine given its reputation as a party locus and patrons tend to be chicly dressed (or topless); on the other hand, a relaxed atmosphere prevails, with live farm animals (on their way to becoming the glorious slow-roasted free range rotisserie chicken), a DJ and a revolving door between the water and the tables. Brunch is invariably a boozy affair and, when Champagne is ordered, there is quite a production (see accompanying photos).
The design inside is airy and European minimalist with white canvas dramatically draped everywhere, but the real attraction is the view – both of Saint-Jean beach and the people watching. Nikki Beach serves surprisingly good sushi, with a variety of combos to choose from, as well as contemporary European cuisine (e.g., the aforementioned chicken for two). Don’t plan on a big night after a lunch at Nikki Beach unless you are of firmer constitution than us.
97133, Saint Barthélemy
+599 590276464 Mon-Sun, 11am-7pm
- St. Barts
- Al Fresco
- Best Bars
- Best View
RECOMMENDED DISHES See All
- Wakame - Tangy Japanese seaweed with sesame seeds and red chili
- Wahoo Tataki - Locally caught Wahoo with a refreshing Thai mango salad
- Sushi and Sashimi
- Shrimp Tempura Coco Roll - Crispy coconut shrimp tempura, asparagus, avocado and spicy mayo rolled in toasted coconut
- Nikki Beach Salad - An eclectic fusion of smoked salmon, Parmesan cheese, mixed greens, melon, black olives, figs and tomatoes dressed in lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil
- Nikki’s All Wagyu Beef Sliders - 3 Succulent all Wagyu Beef Mini Burgers topped with Swiss cheese, lettuce, Special House Sauce served with French Fries
- Spicy Roasted Free-Range Chicken for 2 - Whole chicken slow roasted with spices