The Stanton Social
One of Manhattan's trendiest restaurants, The Stanton Social is housed in a tri-level space fashionably designed by AvroKO in the Lower East Side. In a nod toward the neighborhood's garment industry past, the design group has outfitted the soaring main dining room with elements evoking the textiles and fashions of the 1940s. There are belt-strapped pillows, leather handrails, and lizard skin banquettes. It is dimly lit with glass lamps suspended from the ceiling and votive candles strung along the herringbone pattern walls.
The eclectic, globally-inspired dishes from chef Chris Santos are designed for sharing, and of a caliber far greater than you might suspect given the vibe. There are red snapper tacos, potato and goat cheese pierogies, spaghettini carbonara with braised pork belly and a sunny-side up quail egg, modern twists on shrimp & grits and chicken & waffles, and kobe beef sliders. You might think the vertiginous sweep of the menu would result in the restaurant being a jack of all trades, master of none; but pretty much all of the cuisine meets a certain threshold level of quality and some of the dishes are true knock-outs. The posh upstairs lounge, with walls covered in hand-painted cherry blossom "dressing screens", is a great place for cocktails before or after dinner.
99 Stanton St.
(212) 995-0099 Mon-Fri, 5pm-1am; Sat, 11:30am-4pm, 5pm-1am; Sun, 11:30am-4pm, 5pm-11pm
RECOMMENDED DISHES See All
- Potato & Goat Cheese Pierogies - with caramelized onion and truffle crème fraiche
- Red Snapper Tacos - Creamy Avocado, Spicy Mango
- Kobe Beef Burger
- Kobe Philly - Truffle & Goat Cheese Fondue
- Spaghettini Carbonara - Braised Pork Belly, Sunny-Side Up Quail Egg
- "Shrimp & Grits" - Pan Roasted Jumbo Shrimp, Cheddar 'Grits', Creole Sauce
- "Chicken n' Waffles" - Brick Pressed Chicken, Aged Cheddar Waffle, Corn Pudding, Balsamic Spiked Maple Syrup
- Herb Dusted Frites