Gotham Bar and Grill
Gotham Bar & Grill set out to offer sophisticated cuisine with mass appeal and has succeeded at it now for over a quarter century. It is now a New York classic and its longevity is a testament to its admirable consistency and quality. The space is magnificent—high-ceilings create openness and grandness but large shrouded lanterns also confer a sense of intimacy.
The contemporary American food is also prime quality, while retaining familiarity and comfort. Alfred Portale famously pioneered architecturally-inspired “vertical cuisine”, such as his excellent, swirling seafood salad, with scallops, squid, Japanese octopus, lobster and avocado lemon vinaigrette.
12 E. 12th St.
New York (nr. Fifth Ave.)
(212) 620-4020 Mon-Thurs, noon-2:15pm, 5:30pm-10pm; Fri, noon-2:15pm, 5:30pm-11pm; Sat, 5pm-11pm; Sun, 5pm-10pm
RECOMMENDED DISHES See All
- Seafood Salad - scallops, squid, Japanese octopus, lobster and avocado lemon vinaigrette
- Seared Atlantic Halibut - morel mushroom, asparagus, ramps and fingerling potato white, wine emulsion
- Elysian Fields Lamb Loin - sautéed kale and sultan raisins, vadouvan curry sauce
- Gotham Chocolate Cake - with seasonal ice cream