Yue is a cavernous restaurant in the City Garden Hotel with dining space spilling out of the main dining room and running along corridors over a total of 9,000 square feet. It can be alarmingly crowded at times, and service varies according to seating location. The main dining room has generously spaced tables, excellent natural lighting and ceiling sculptures reminiscent of Asiate in NYC. Outside are elegant wooden booths with mirrored ceilings and walls, smoked glass private dining rooms and shelving filled with assorted objets d’art.
The menu features a range of traditional Cantonese cuisine with some innovative touches, such as in the principal signature dish, a delicious seared star garoupa fillet with fish maw on egg white with truffle sauce. The fried rice with prawns and barbecued pork in XO sauce and the honey-glazed barbecued pork both came out lukewarm to cold, but were otherwise impressive dishes. With some service improvements, Yue could be a significantly better restaurant, though it doesn’t seem to be wanting for any customers.
1/F, City Garden Hotel, 9 City Garden Road, North Point
+852 2806-4918 Mon-Fri, 11:30am-3pm, 6pm-11pm; Sat-Sun, 10:30am-3pm, 6pm-11pm
- Lai Ching-shing, Chef
- Hong Kong
- Dim Sum
- Private Dining Room Room
- Michelin Guide : ★ (2015) Review History...
RECOMMENDED DISHES See All
- Double-boiled Almonds Soup with Fish Maw and Pork Tendon
- Seared Star Garoupa Fillet with Fish MZaw on Egg Whites with Truffle Sauce
- Baked Crab Shell Stuffed with Fresh Crab Meat, Mushrooms and Onion
- Deep-fried Crab Meat Fritter with Sautéed Prawns and Crab Roe
- Braised Pork Belly with Sweetened Lychee Vinegar
- Roast Marinated Duck In "Pipa" Style
- Honey-glazed Barbecued Pork
- Crispy Coconut Chicken
- Fried Rice with Prawns and Barbecued Pork in X.O. Sauce