Cuisine Cuisine - IFC
Cuisine Cuisine, the best restaurant in Central’s IFC mall, is striking for a number of reasons. The first is the design: after the entrance, you traverse a long corridor studded with semi-private alcoves, until entering the grand main dining room, 20 feet high with six massive, handmade, golden glass chandeliers, three elegant rows of well-spaced tables and a wall displaying 36 Chinese signs that denote the 36 different styles of cooking. The second is the view: floor-to-ceiling windows take in a panoramic sweep of Victoria Harbour and the skyline of Admiralty, Wan Chai and Causeway Bay. The third is the service, far more attentive and poised than most Cantonese restaurants in the city. And finally, the cuisine: the Hong Kong Tatler guide awarded it the designation of having the best dim sum in its 2013 guide.
Cuisine Cuisine’s dim sum is a blend of traditional and modern styles: you can get traditional, absolutely correct har gau (steamed shrimp dumplings) or you can get them with a huge dollop of mustard riding on top, a surprisingly successful juxtaposition. They also serve one of the best items you will order anywhere: the Deep-Fried Taro Pastries filled with Roasted Duck. The Master Chef behind the operation is Lee Yuk Lam, a 40-year veteran known as “the private chef for the rich and famous” who served as chief chef at the Hang Seng Bank for 30 years.
8 Finance Street, Central
+852 2295-3308 Mon-Sat, noon-2:30pm, 6pm-10:30pm; Sun, 10:30am-3pm, 6pm-10:30pm
- Hong Kong
- Dim Sum
- Best Brunch
- Best View
- BYOB Corkage Fee: $300HKD
- Zagat : 18 (2008) Review History...
RECOMMENDED DISHES See All
- Spring Rolls
- Steamed Shrimp Dumplings
- Steamed Mustard Shrimp Dumplings
- Sautéed Crystal King Prawn
- Steamed Crab Meat Dumpling with Shrimp and White Cabbage
- Deep-Fried Taro Pastries filled with Roasted Duck
- Deep-Fried Taro Silk with Chinese Vinegar Sauce
- Braised Imperial Bird's Nest Soup with Crab Coral
- Seared Filet of Fresh Garoupa with Red Dates, Deep-Fried Garoupa Belly with Spicy Salt
- Deep-Fried Boneless Chicken with Lemon Sauce
- Stir-Fried Diced Angus Beef Tenderloin and Diced Goose Liver with Crispy Garlic
- Honey-Glazed Barbecued Pork